POINTS OF CLARIFICATION
There is a courseware blog http://bcb703.blogspot.com/
On this you can comment directly by clicking on the comments link
YOU CAN ADD AN ARTICLE - THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE ON THE WEBLOG at this link
To use the above Weblog you do NOT NEED ANY PASSWORDS!
Personal Blogs (Pretoria Learners ONLY)
I asked that you use the http://www.blogger.com service.
Once you have set up your Weblog you must start to post on your Weblog for this you will need a user ID and Password which you will need to remember. Please look at this URL for instructions of how you will be assessed.
What to put on your Personal Weblogs?
For Pretoria Learners I would expect the following
- A report on the visit to the Cradle of Humankind http://www.maropeng.co.za/
- A report on the SAEON SUMMIT and the SAEON Student Network meeting (you can put Bob's Lecture summary here)
- Those who went to the Fourth Annual GBIF Science Symposium - a report from that meeting
- Your Daily Reports and other Reports that are required by CSIR
For Cape Town students/learners I would expect the following
- Fieldwork in the Cape Flats Nature Reserve
- Your Honours Project descriptions
- Impressions on other courses that you are doing
- Daily activities*
- Abstract of your Scientific Methods Project
- Useful links to articles that you might use - a portable "Favourites" for surfing the Internet
- Review of either What the Bleep do we know? or Elegant Universe
- Events that have happened each day
Forgotten Passwords (Pretoria Learners only)
there is a help link and from there a link that goes to forgotten passwords the direct link is http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=654#forgotlogin this will reset the password. I would suggest that you use the following convention for your user name firstnamesurname_uwc so for me this is richardknight_uwc. This will ensure a unique user name.
Dr Richard Knight
Co-ordinator: National Information Society Learnerships - Ecological Informatics
Department of Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
University of the Western Cape
Private Bag X17
Phone 27 + 21 + 959 3940
Fax 27 + 21 + 959 1237