Scientific Methods

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Time

I think I speak on behalf of the entire uwc branch of the research
methodology class when I say that we need to be given more time to
assimilate the large workload you have presented to us before bombarding
us with a whole lot more videos, links, lectures etc. There are only so
many hours in a day Richard, and we need time to make each section our
own, before we are catapulted into a new one.

Annamarie

Miss Annamarie Martin
Department of Biodiversity and Conservation biology
University of the Western Cape
Private BagX17
e-mail - 2318859@uwc.ac.za
Blog - http://www.marypoppins.iblog.co.za/

3 Comments:

  • In future, please don't assume that a problematic work-load, in view, is shared by your class-mates, especially me. I work FULL-TIME in adition to doing the same Scientific Methodology course as you and I still find time. It is all a matter of perspective and the management thereof.

    David Vaughan

    By Blogger davidvaughan, at Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:37:00 PM  

  • She did speak on behalf of her undergrad class. We do feel that we are being swamped, and are terribly unsure where we are going with this course. 100% behind you Annamarie !!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:56:00 AM  

  • Hi

    Everyone, firstly I did not relise that you were having problems downloading the video. I have a DVD with all video material captured for this course. Mid-last year a computer in Z29 was ordered with a dvd player - it still has not appeared (I knew that I would need this for this course.)

    I will try and get them onto the network with links.

    To be honest I am struggling to see that it is so much work. In the last two weeks I gave you two lectures and two videos is that correct? - Total viewing time about 3 hours. Karin and David have other responsibilities and have actually contributed the most to the Weblog and yes it is work - but remember Jane Fonda said "no pain no gain". You do need to appreciate that it is honours and you are expected to work harder and more efficiently that as an under-graduate. This is not to say I am closing the door to your comments but you do need to demonstrate how many hours it takes to review material and use this to justify your position. The work environment is an awful lot more demanding just ask David!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home